Montebello, CA – (October 1, 2010): TASCAM's TG-7 and TC-8 tuners combine fast pitch detection and a 5" wide backlit LCD display to help musicians dial into perfect pitch. The TG-7, designed for guitar and bass players, has a 1/4" in and thru and fits perfectly on pedalboards and amplifiers. The TC-8 is tailored for band and orchestra players with alternate tuning scales for period instruments. Both tuners have a built-in microphone and powerful metronome with internal speaker.
The tuner in the TG-7 and TC-8 uses high speed processing to calculate the pitch. Four tuner modes allow up to 1.25-cent steps on the display for maximum accuracy, and the tuner can be calibrated to an installed piano. They have desktop feet with a clip to attach to a music stand, and a tripod mount is also built-in. The metronome on the TG-7 and TC-8 can be set to various beat accents, and tap tempo allows the musician to find the tempo marking for any song.
The TASCAM TG-7 and TC-8 will be available from select TASCAM retailers in December 2010.
- Chromatic tuner
- Metronome with 30-300 BPM range and seven accent values
- 5" Wide backlit LCD display with note value and bargraph displaying pitch deviation
- Four display modes: Bargraph, Fine, Strobe Animation and Needle
- Oscillator for playing pitch
- Built-in speaker for pitch and metronome
- Built-in microphone for acoustic instruments
- Tuner Calibration mode
- Flip-out stand for tabletop use with hooks for music stand mounting
- Tripod mount
- Tuning modes: Guitar, Bass, Chromatic, Drop-D, Drop-G, Open-D, Open-G and five user-definable scales
- 1/4" in and thru jacks
- Tuning modes: Equal Temperament, Pythagorean, Mean tone, Werckmeister III, Kirnberger III, Kellner, Vallotti, Young
- 1/4" in jack