Seamlessly bridging AV-over-IP and live streaming with baseband display and distribution equipment, Magewell’s Pro Convert for NDI® to HDMI 4K decoder transforms live IP streams for output to baseband monitors, projectors, production and distribution equipment via HDMI. The compact converter supports both Newtek’s NDI® AV-over-IP technology and the Secure Reliable Transport (SRT) protocol – developed and open-sourced by Haivision – for internet-delivered H.264 and H.265 streams. It also supports additional streaming protocols including RTSP, RTMP, UDP, RTP and HTTP.
Offering the high reliability, assured performance and compact size of dedicated hardware compared to software-based stream playout, the low-latency decoder is ideal for applications including multi-site video distribution; image magnification (IMAG); video walls; digital signage; remote production; or bridging legacy and next-generation media infrastructures.
The Pro Convert for NDI to HDMI 4K decodes streams up to 4096x2160 at 60 frames per second for output over its HDMI 2.0 interface and can automatically optimize output parameters based on EDID metadata of the connected HDMI device. FPGA-based video processing enables high-quality up/down-conversion between HD and 4K.
The plug-and-play decoder features DHCP-based network configuration and can be powered via external adapter or PoE. Users can specify source streams and control the decoders’ advanced settings through a browser-based interface; wired or wireless keyboard or mouse; or using on-device controls that overlay an intuitive menu on the HDMI output.
NDI is a registered trademark of NewTek, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
- Converts a live NDI® AV-over-IP stream or internet-delivered H.264/H.265 stream into a high-quality HDMI output with extremely low latency
- Connects baseband presentation or distribution equipment such as displays, projectors and routers into IP-based media networks and streaming workflows
- Supports NewTek’s popular NDI technology plus streaming protocols including SRT, RTSP, RTMP, UDP, RTP and HTTP
- Plug-and-play ease of use with automatic output format optimization and DHCP network configuration
- Decodes streams up to 4096x2160 at 60 frames per second
- Automatically optimizes output (including high-quality up/down-conversion) based on EDID characteristics of connected display
- Advanced control via intuitive web-based UI, on-device controls (menu overlay on HDMI output) or keyboard/mouse (not included)
- Power via PoE or USB power supply
- Remote control of PTZ cameras
- Image flip for inverted projector installations and safe area controls