AVPro Edge’s engineering team has taken the technology used to send taxing HDMI signals and applied it to this USB extender. This USB extender kit comes with two parts, a transmitter unit, and a receiver unit. When you connect these two ends with any standard category cable, you can transfer USB signals with almost zero latency from end to end. Long USB cables are cumbersome and expensive. By converting the signal to a category cable, we can deliver these signals long distances without interrupting the dataflow. We can offer this stable solution by using HDBaseT technology.
With the wide use of remote conferencing, working at home, and the almost universal adoption of Zoom and Teams, solutions are needed for the stable transfer of audio/video signals over a USB pipeline. Now you have the ideal distance connection for your web camera, interactive display/smartboard, keyboard/mouse, or other USB devices.
We built this extender to work with A/V over USB, but that doesn’t mean it can’t pass other types of USB signals. Audio/Video can carry a lot of data; it is a much more taxing signal than sending an email or surfing the internet. So, this unit has been optimized for the amount of data that can pass through. This, in turn, works out for every other USB signal allowing you to send keyboard commands, connect to remote hard drives, and many more options than just extending your USB camera feed.
- Full USB 2.0 Support
- 480 Mbps
- Optimized for Microsoft Teams
- Optimized for Zoom
- USB Camera Support
- 100 meters using Category Cable
- Host has USB Type B connection
- USB Hub has Four USB Type A Connections
- Small form chassis for sleek install
- Extend USB Signals: The USB 2.0 Specification only allows for signals to travel 16ft 5inches and remain stable. With this solution you bump that up to 328 feet! This allows you to keep computers and other USB devices in secure locations.
- Use Category Cable that is already installed: Today’s data rates are larger than ever, many times calling for more expensive cables.
- Built in USB Hub: Extend four signals at once with the built in USB hub, meaning you can have 2 mics, 2 cameras. Or you could have a keyboard, mouse, camera and a mic all connected at the same time.
- Power over Ethernet: You only need to power one end of this signal extension set, with Power over Ethernet (POE) the power travels over the same category cable, along side your data, delivering a power to the other end.
- Optimized for Teams and Zoom: Many USB connections are not able to handle the high data rate that comes from steaming and conferencing audio and video files at the same time, needing to be delivered in sync.
- Secure Classroom
- Conference Room USB Camera
- Corporate Office Building
- 12V Power Supply (Can be powered at the Transmitter or Receiver)
- Mounting Ears