Magewell’s Ultra Stream SDI standalone encoder makes live streaming production and recording simple even for non-professional users, enabling them to record or stream high-quality video with one click using on-device buttons or an intuitive, accompanying smartphone app.
Avoiding the laptop and browser-based interface typically needed for setting up streaming encoders, initial configuration is performed over network or Bluetooth connectivity with the free iOS or Android app. Once configured, recording and live streaming can be started and stopped directly with physical buttons on the Ultra Stream SDI unit, via virtual buttons in the app, or remotely through a browser-based user interface.
Users can stream to popular services such as Facebook Live, YouTube or Twitch or to a custom-specified RTMP server with a single tap. Streams can be output to a third-party service and a custom server simultaneously, while real-time video preview in the smartphone app allows easy monitoring.
The Ultra Stream SDI captures, encodes and streams video up to 1080p60 via a 3G-SDI input interface. In addition to outputting live streams, the Ultra Stream SDI can record video as MP4 files to a directly-connected USB drive or the associated smartphone.
- Standalone, hardware-based streaming encoder
- Live streaming to popular services such as Facebook Live, YouTube or Twitch and a custom-specified server
- Record video to a connected USB drive or an associated smartphone
- On-device controls plus intuitive iOS or Android smartphone app and browser-based web UI
- 1080p60 encoding and streaming up to 2048x1080
- 3G-SDI input interface and loop-through connection
- Embedded audio support plus analog microphone input and headphone output
- High-quality H.264 video compression and AAC audio for live streaming; H.264 or HEVC video compression with AAC audio for recording
- Dual encoding profiles enable simultaneous recording and streaming with two distinct combinations of resolution, frame rate and bitrate
- Built-in WiFi plus RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet port
- Access Point (AP) mode enables Wi-Fi-based smartphone control of Ultra Stream encoders in environments without existing Wi-Fi
- Support for optional 3G and 4G USB modems for mobile broadband connectivity