Converting a live NDI® stream into a high-quality HDMI output for connection to baseband devices such as monitors and projectors, Magewell’s Pro Convert for NDI to HDMI decoder hardware simplifies the use of NewTek’s popular AV-over-IP technology in applications such as digital signage and video walls.
Just as Magewell’s Pro Convert encoders enable integrators and end-users to connect SDI or HDMI-based video sources such as cameras into IP-based AV infrastructures, the low-latency Pro Convert for NDI to HDMI decoder lets them convert any NDI stream for output to baseband presentation or distribution equipment. This helps customers maximize their earlier investments as they transition to IP, while creating new opportunities for using NDI in video-enhanced digital signage; large-scale video walls; multi-site video distribution; image magnification (IMAG) and more.
The Pro Convert for NDI to HDMI decodes NDI streams up to 2160x1200 at 60 frames per second for output over its HDMI 2.0 interface. Leveraging built-in, FPGA-based video processing, the device can also up-convert HD or 2K source streams to 4K for viewing on Ultra HD displays. The plug-and-play decoder features DHCP-based network configuration and can detect the video and audio characteristics of the target display device via EDID metadata, automatically selecting optimal output parameters or providing the user with a range of compatible choices.
Users can control advanced settings, select between NDI source streams and monitor the status of the decoder through a browser-based interface; wired or wireless keyboard or mouse; or using two on-device buttons that overlay an intuitive menu on the HDMI output.
NDI is a registered trademark of NewTek, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
- Converts a live NDI® stream into a high-quality HDMI output with extremely low latency
- Connects baseband presentation or distribution equipment such as displays, projectors and routers into NDI-enabled, IP-based media networks
- Simplifies the use of NewTek’s popular AV-over-IP technology in applications such as digital signage and video walls
- Plug-and-play ease of use with automatic output format optimization and DHCP network configuration
- Decodes NDI streams up to 2160x1200 at 60 frames per second
- Up-converts HD or 2K source streams to 4K for viewing on Ultra HD displays
- Advanced control via intuitive web-based UI, on-device menu buttons or keyboard/mouse (not included)
- Power via PoE or USB power supply
- ¼-20 mounting hole for attaching to tripod or camera
- Image flip for inverted projector installations and safe area controls
- Remote control of PTZ cameras